We're taking our lead from Bernie...
That's why we need to mobilise people-power to reform our broken political finance system – and it starts right now.
Will you sign the petition to put people back at the heart of our democracy – and get Big Money out of politics once and for all?
Here's our five-point plan to get Big Money out of politicsTaking our lead from Bernie Sanders' inspiring people-powered campaign, we're launching a hard-hitting plan to put people back at the heart of our democracy and restore trust in Australia's political institutions.
1. Stop the money game: Cap the amount any individual or corporation can donate at $1000 per financial year, and introduce expenditure caps on election campaigns to remove incentives to amass huge political fighting funds.
2. End the shroud of secrecy: Require all donations above $500 to be publicly disclosed on the internet in real-time, including donations to and from affiliated entities.
3. Stop offshore entities buying political influence: Prohibit any corporation or entity not registered in Australia, or any individual who doesn't have citizenship or residency, from making donations.
4. A corruption watchdog with teeth: Create an independent federal corruption watchdog with broad investigative powers.
5. Close the revolving door: Prevent Members of Parliament from engaging in lobbying work for a period of three years after they leave office.
SIGN THE PETITION TO TAKE BACK OUR DEMOCRACY!
To Prime Scott Morrison, and the Honourable Members of the House and Senate:
We call on you to reform Australia's broken system of political finance. To crack down on big money pay-offs that buy political influence and rebuild a completely transparent system that amplifies the small contributions of everyday Australians.
We need 6,460 more