ICAC gutted: Don't let them get away with it
A Premier deciding who can get away with corruption and who can't? Australians won't stand for it. Add your name to the petition now.
That's why we need to make a powerful example of the Premier's crooked move.
We'll do this with a massive petition, signed by tens of thousands of people from right across the country. The petition will be writ large in Premier Baird's electorate with a giant billboard.
1. Stop the money game: Cap the amount any individual or corporation can donate at $1000 per financial year, and introduce expenditure caps on election campaigns to remove incentives to amass huge political fighting funds.
2. End the shroud of secrecy: Require all donations above $500 to be publicly disclosed on the internet in real-time, including donations to and from affiliated entities.
3. Stop offshore entities buying political influence: Prohibit any corporation or entity not registered in Australia, or any individual who doesn't have citizenship or residency, from making donations.
4. A corruption watchdog with teeth: Create an independent federal corruption watchdog with broad investigative powers.
5. Close the revolving door: Prevent Members of Parliament from engaging in lobbying work for a period of three years after they leave office.
SIGN THE PETITION
If politicians won't hold themselves to account – then we need to do it for them.
To Premier Mike Baird:
Australians deserve corruption-free politics. We need strong, independent corruption watchdogs with broad investigative powers at a federal level – and for every state and territory.