The truth about Adani
Premier Palasczcuk has invited five mayors to India to be wined and dined by Adani at the taxpayer's expense. We need to make sure these mayors are listening to what their local communities want - not a shonky mining company like Adani.
We've pulled together The Adani Files - a summary of mining giant Adani's track record, based on publicly available evidence and research into hundreds of court documents by Environmental Justice Australia and Earthjustice.
They show that Adani are, at their core, a dangerous, criminal organisation. They're not a company that can be trusted with a massive project in one of the most environmentally sensitive places in the world.
And the $1 billion dollar public money loan proposed by the Australian federal government would not be safe in their hands.
Can you share The Adani Files with your mayor and ask for a commitment that they will not support Adani?
Make sure you share a PDF of The Adani Files with your mayor and/or a link to the website.
It's your message, so you should feel free to write whatever you want to say, but here are a few tips for what you might like to include:
- Adani's projects have been notable for their disastrous environmental impact. The Adani Files show that they have a complete disregard for environmental laws.
- Adani have consistently engaged in fraudulent and criminal corporate behaviour.
- Adani are willing to exploit people and sacrifice entire communities in their pursuit of profit.
- Adani are not a company that can be trusted with a massive project in one of the most environmentally sensitive places in the world.
- The Adani Files are evidence that the Northern Australian Infrastructure Facility (NAIF) should rule out giving Adani a $1 billion dollar loan. Ask your MP for a commitment not to support NAIF funding for Adani.
SHARE THE ADANI FILES WITH YOUR MAYOR
Can you share The Adani Files with your mayor to make sure they know about Adani's appalling track record?
Your message will be most effective if you personalise it. Let your mayor know you're a constituent and tell them why this issue matters to you.
We've included some talking points on the page in case you're not sure where to start.
Make sure you include these two links to the website and the printed report in your email.
- Website - http://adanifiles.com.au/
- Printed report - https://d68ej2dhhub09.cloudfront.net/2059-The-Adani-Files.pdf