Ask Premier Palaszczuk to back renewable jobs!
This could be a game changer for people struggling to find work in regional Queensland.
A global consortium are investigating a battery manufacturing plant in Townsville - batteries to power electric cars, solar homes and even solar micro grids.1 There would be 1,000 direct jobs in Townsville, and as many as 6,000 more jobs downstream.
Add to this the Queensland government's release of public land near Gladstone to create a huge solar energy hub, and it's starting to look like promising news for renewables in Queensland.
But behind the announcements, the reality is less than sunny. Without strong support from the Queensland Government we're at risk of losing renewable opportunities to more ambitious States, like Victoria and South Australia.
Can you ask Palaszczuk to provide safe, clean jobs by backing in big renewable energy projects for Queensland?References:
 This industry could bring thousands of jobs to Townsville, The Courier Mail, 21 April 2017
Email the Premier now
What you say is up to you, personalised messages have the most impact, but here are some tips to get you started:
- Introduce yourself, and say why you care about renewable energy.
- Politicians care about votes. Is this a vote changing issue for you? Say that.
- Queensland has so much renewable potential, but we need to act now if we want to build clean jobs in this State. We should at least be matching the ambition of Victoria and South Australia.
- Not that we need to tell you, but remember to be polite – politicians are people too!
- And don't forget to ask Palaszczuk to stop rolling out the red carpet for unviable, dangerous projects like Adani's coal mine. And start rolling out the red carpet for renewable energy instead.